Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ask and You Still May Not Receive...

Wow.

Feeling a little under-the-weather today, I decided it would be a great time to sit on my couch and click through pictures on Facebook.  I mean, I can't do much else at this point, so why not stalk people on Facebook, right?

Actually, as I was furiously clicking through these photos, I came to a realization (other than the fact that I seemed like a complete creeper).

Are you ready for it?

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR NOT GETTING SOME OF THE THINGS I'VE ASKED GOD FOR IN MY LIFE.

I know, I know...  You're sitting there thinking, "Hello, Lexie!  Duh!  God always knows best!"  But, for some reason, I forget that from time to time.  I, being the silly human that I am, get this wild idea that I always know what's best for me.  Then, I find myself frustrated with God because He's not doing things the way I think they should be done right at that particular moment.

Then, I wake up on a random day two months (or two years or two lifetimes) later and think, "WHOA! God really knows what He's doing.  He definitely spared me in all of this!"

I think about how many mistakes we, as humans, make every single day of our lives.  And somehow we seem to think that we have the answers to all of life's questions.

NEWSFLASH:  We don't.

So, today I am thanking God that He always knows what is best for me.  And you.

Have you every thought about the times in your life when He's spared you from heartache?  Maybe today you should.

He loves us so much that He does the things we may not have the strength to do at the time.

That's REAL love :)

In His ((REAL)) Love,
Lex <3

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of an old DC Talk song (I know, I know. TOTALLY dating myself here.) called "The Hardway." As in, some people have to learn the hardway.

    God has been using this song pretty hardcore on me lately. I have always been the one to want to do things MY way instead of God's way and it has taken having my feet knocked out from under me numerous times to finally hammer it home that God is in control around here, not me.

    No matter what happened though, God always saw that I was provided for, that my needs were met. Once I then started turning to him, it was amazing how everything seemed to fall into place. There has been soooo many times looking back where I see where God spared me from something that I would have otherwise had to endure.

    Dustin

    ReplyDelete