Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sisters=Mandatory Best Friend



"KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!  Can you (fill-in-the-blank, whatever it may be in that moment)?"

This is generally what can be heard ringing throughout the duplex I share with my younger sister. 

Kirsten is one of the most genuine, selfless, caring individuals I've ever had the privilege of knowing.  And I'm not sure what I'd do without her. 

For years,we fought.  A lot.  About everything.  So, the prospect of the two of us sharing a living space once again (I'd moved out of my parents home after undergrad), made a lot of people who knew us very nervous- and rightfully so.

However, with the occasionally yelling match about bathroom time, dirty dishes or SOMEONE wearing my shoes and not telling me (ahem, Kirsten Renee...), it's worked out remarkably well.

Especially lately.  Kirsten has been my biggest cheerleader in the Opening Act competition.  She's worked hard to constantly encourage and support.  On days when I feel like throwing in the towel, I feel like she might as well have a pair of my old pom pons in her hands, shaking them in my face. 

If you would have told me five years ago that my baby sister would turn out to be one of my very best and closest friends, I might have laughed at you.  Now, I cherish our late-night heart-to-hearts and morning venting sessions, getting ready for work and school.  They're moments I'll cherish.  I wish everyone could know the heart of my little sister.  It's beautiful.

It makes me think about all the girls out there who have someone watching them, like my little sister did with me while growing up.  I wonder if those girls have some sort of role model. 

As an artist, that's what I want to be for those young women.  I want to them to see a Christian woman who is living life the right way. 

Who has done that for you?  Who has been YOUR role model?

Better yet, who has their eyes on YOU?

In His Love,
Lex <3

P.S.  Online voting started YESTERDAY!  Vote until it tells you that you can't vote anymore at www.wibi.org/contestants, and please pass the word along!  The contestant with the least amount of votes gets kicked off at the end of the week!  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment