Friday, April 29, 2011

The Procrastination Queen

I am a last-minute person.  I work well under pressure.

But, sometimes, that can be a problem.  I put myself in situations where I HAVE to work under pressure because I know I can do it (re: writing my 8 page paper on Monday morning.  You know, the one that was due on Monday night in class.  No, really.  That was this week.)

Sometimes, it's a good thing.  Over the last couple of weeks with online voting, I've procrastinated my, well, nerves.  I would be fine all week, and then- right before the announcement- I would turn into a nervous wreck.

Okay, so I realize I should be telling you that I'm always calm, cool and collected.  I should be saying that I always feel the peace that only God can give.  You should be hearing from me that I just go with the flow.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...  That's not always the case.  It generally takes a whole lot of nervous conversation with my Jesus to make me STOP freaking out.

So, I'm just here to tell you that...  I'M NOT PERFECT.  Pretty sure I've blogged about that before, but wanted to throw it out there again- just in case you'd forgotten since then.

Sometimes, I have a really hard time trusting God to take care of things.  I try to twist and turn and pull things into scenarios that I want.  And I end up making a bigger mess.  Imagine that.

Then, God picks up the pieces.

I'm not sure what the outcome of the voting will be this week.  And that makes me nervous.  I wish I didn't care as much as I do, but that's not the case.

Today, I want to thank you for following me through my Opening Act journey.  Thanks for caring.  And thanks for your support.  It means so much to me when I receive words of encouragement.  In fact, I generally print them out and hang them up to see on the days when I don't feel very positive!

Please know that, no matter the outcome tomorrow, this is NOT the end of my journey.

It's just the beginning.

So, hold on tight.  It's going to be a bumpy ride.

But it will be fun.

In His (All-Knowing) Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment