Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Wish I Were More (Fill-In-The-Blank)...

Okay, I'll admit it.  I've been on Facebook ENTIRELY too much in the last 2 weeks.  I've been promoting Opening Act like a crazy person, and I'm fairly convinced that I'm not going to have any friends after this competition is over because of all the "Vote for Lexie" posts I've made.

(So, this is my apology to all of you who follow me on Facebook for the ridiculous amount of posting I've been doing lately.  You'll only endure it for a short while longer!)

Anyway, I caught myself doing something really bad today.

I clicked on an acquaintance's profile picture when it came up in my NewsFeed, and- IMMEDIATELY- I started comparing myself to this young woman.

"She's so much prettier than I am.  And skinnier too.  I wish my eyes were blue like hers.  I can't wait until my hair gets that long.  Her dress is so gorgeous...," I thought to myself.

I had to snap myself out of it!  Who am I to judge myself against others?!  I'm certain that it says in the bible that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made" by a Creator who thinks I am beautiful.  So, why am I comparing myself to this young woman?  I need to be proud of who I am and what I am.

It's time we stop wishing we were someone else.

Did you know that God created YOU to be exactly what He wanted YOU to be?

Ephesians 2:10 says this:
 Well, I'm convinced that those "good works" He created us for DO NOT involve wasting time comparing oneself to some other person who is just as flawed as YOU are!

Stop looking at others, and start looking within yourself.

What amazing things did God create you to do and to be?  Start concentrating on THOSE things, not the things you believe you're lacking.

In fact, Philippians 4:8 says this:
"Finally, [awesome people reading Lexie's blog], whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
Is comparing yourself to someone else considered thinking on these amazing things listed in Philippians?  DON'T THINK SO.

So, I'm encouraging you to think about all the things that make you AMAZING.  The things that make you absolutely PRECIOUS is God's eyes.

In His Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment