Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Everything There Is A Season


 1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 2A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace…  
11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time…
Ecclesiastes 3 (KJV)

Time.  

I waste a lot of it.   But, why?
Our Maker has only given us so much of it.  So why do we spend that time doing things that aren't going to further His will, His plan, His kingdom...?

God has called me to sing.  And, for so long, I've been just waiting- not doing anything about it- just waiting for Him to move me.  Well, it's time for me to make a move.  

By sitting, I'm not letting Him work.  

He can't do everything.  We have to be willing to do the work when He calls us to do so.  

So, move me, God.  I'm ready.  I want to do Your will.  I want Your plan.

You know who was also ready?  Charlie Brittin, a good friend of mine and member of Hope Church (my home church).  He knew that God's timing was perfect.  He knew that God had a purpose and a plan for his life.  He knew that, even though he was battling cancer again and again, God could use him.  And God did.

Charlie lost his battle with cancer yesterday afternoon.  And since then I've consistently found tears streaming down my face.  What an amazing man!  What an amazing testimony!  I feel so blessed to have known such an incredible man who knew how to use the time God gave him.

 Charlie

So, I've decided to be brave and courageous like Charlie.  Brave and courageous in God's will for my life.

Will YOU hold me accountable to keeping that promise?

What kind of things is God calling YOU to do today?  How can you have courage like my dear friend, Charlie?
This one's for you, Charlie.  (I'll see you in heaven, and I'll be wearing my best shoes):




In His Love (and perfect timing),
Lex <3

P.S.  Please pray for Charlie's wife, Sallie. 



1 comment:

  1. Even though I never talked to Charlie, I saw him at church, sitting in the back, quietly worshiping. Just him being there was an inspiration for me. He was dedicated to the ministry and his memory and life will live on forever. Thanks Lexie for passing on his legacy. He has wings and is singing with the other angels in Heaven today.

    ReplyDelete