Friday, March 25, 2011

'Twas The Night Before The Concert... And I Lost My Shoe...

Well, friends, here we are...

It's the night before Family Friendly WIBI's Opening Act Semi-Final Event in Mount Vernon, Illinois, and I'm relaxing at my parents lovely home for a few hours before driving down to my hotel! 

What are my thoughts on the Semi-Final Eve (like Christmas Eve, but more fun...)?

EAGER.  EXCITED.  EXUBERANT.  EXHILIRATED.

Okay, I'm out of fun E words.  Actually, I've spent the last 24 hours or so a little stressed.  Would you believe that a little shoe fairy came into my house and STOLE one of the shoes I was going to wear for tomorrow night's performance?  I know, right?! 

I spent a couple of hours tearing my house/car/life apart trying to find ONE SINGLE SHOE FOR ONE SINGLE NIGHT.

You know what it reminded me of...?

God.

Okay, so I'm in NO WAY comparing myself to God.  Not at all.  Don't even go there!  However, I am thinking about how Jesus being a shepherd.  No...  Not to lost shoes...  But to His lost sheep.  He would leave his entire flock in search of just one lost sheep.  I guess that's sort-of like giving up an entire evening trying to find a lost shoe?

Here's my point...  If something's really important to us, we totally go out of our way to take care of it.  We don't want it wandering off, and- in the event that it does- we search and search until it's home safe with us.  That's how God is.  Even in our darkest and unworthiest days (even buried under loads of clean laundry...), we are so precious to Him that He searches and searches until He can find us and bring us home. 

While a lost shoes isn't necessarily comprable to a lost sheep/person, it was pretty important (however silly that may be) to me last night. 

The good news is...  I found my missing shoe, so I won't be going barefoot at the concert tomorrow night. 

But, I'll tell you the better news.  We'll never be lost because we have a Shepherd that would dig through mounds of laundry and piles of shoes to find us. 

And that makes me feel all of those fun E words all over again. 

We are blessed.  We'll never be "lost" with our Jesus!

In other news:  I hope you'll all make it out to the Semi-Final Event in Mt. Vernon, Illinois tomorrow.  Tickets are only $10, and Addison Road is performing too!  EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

The Top 4 Finalists are determined by AUDIENCE VOTES, so it's only by your attendance that you could vote me into the Top 4!  What do you think?  Can we do it?

For more information, visit www.wibi.org/contestants!  While you're there, click on "Listen Now" by my name, and you'll hear my demo!

But really...  This has been such an incredible opportunity and journey for me.  I feel so very blessed that God has given me this opportunity!  I'm so excited to be representing the station (WIBI) that's given so much encouragement and support to me.

In His Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment