Friday, March 11, 2011

*Ignite*

"Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed

So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road

Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow

And when it's time, you'll know."

-Firework, Katy Perry

If you're anywhere in the free world, you've probably heard this song.  Some people hate it, some people love it.  It's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head for days.  And you can't figure out why you're singing "boom, boom, boom/even brighter than the moon, moon, moon" into a hairbrush in your bedroom at the top of your lungs.  But you secretly like it.

Okay, so I think my writing that just let you in on a little secret.  That happens to me all the time.  This is one of those songs that just sticks in my head, and I find myself singing it all the time.  

This is what I've discovered: I'M NOT NORMAL.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I'm not.  And I love it.  For years, I tried to hide that.  I tried to tuck the person that I am inside and fit in (see the blog post: This Little... no, wait...  BIG Light of Mine) with who I thought I needed to be.  But, I'm not doing that anymore.  

I am tired of letting the world dictate when I can, as Katy would say, "let [my] colors burst."  This is me, world, and I'm okay with not being normal.

I'm a firework.  I'm loud and exciting and bright and sparkly.  I'd much rather be that then fit in with this world.

John 15:19 says this:
"...YOU were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because YOU are no part of the world, but I have chosen YOU out of the world..."

So, here's what I have to say...  I am IN this world, but I am not OF this world.  I'm not normal.  I'm different.  

I'm not perfect, and I've been tossed around and torn up during my short time here.  But that's not going to stop me from being transparent.  I'm here to love, to shine, and to share the light of Jesus.  I'm ready to *ignite*.  

Are YOU?

"Do you know that there's still a chance for you

Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July."

In His Love,
Lex <3


P.S.  This is FIREWORK by Katy Perry :)







No comments:

Post a Comment