Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Ruby Slippers

Okay, so we've all heard the story.  A little girl from Kansas sets off with a bunch of odd-balls down a yellow road, made of rocks, and they get into some trouble.  The whole time, they're worried about the things they don't have, and that makes things worse.  When they finally get to the ONE person they think will fix everything, they figure out he's a big fake.  Then, after solving the problems on their own, they realize that the things they were looking for, they had inside themselves all along.

Sorry if I just ruined The Wizard of Oz for you.

Here's the deal...  I feel like I've been Dorothy at times.  I've felt lost, confused, scared, hurt and alone.  I've sought some things that seemed sparkly and powerful, and those things have lead me astray.  But, with the help of the wonderful odd-balls (people who may have seemed to others like those without hearts, brains, or courage) God has blessed me with, I've adventured down a long, windy path only to find that the sparkles and power were gifts that God had already given me.



Now, I'm not saying that a pair of shoes can't change your life...  I mean, just ask Cinderella.  But, I am saying that sometimes we look to the wrong things to give us strength.

My Ruby Slippers have been on my feet the whole time.  I was just too worried about how to find them to look down and realize God put them on for me a long time ago.

We get too wrapped up in the destination that sometimes we forget the journey.

How will you let go and let God help you find your own Ruby Slippers today?

In HIS Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment