Thursday, March 10, 2011

On Air with WIBI!

Yesterday, I was able to spend my day in Carlinville at WIBI's studios!  So, I thought I'd fill you in on my day?  Sound good?  Okay great :)

I woke up before 5 a.m.  I wasn't sure that 5 a.m. actually still existed, but guess what, folks?!  I am here to tell you that it sure does.  (And the only time that 5 a.m. is pretty is when you're listening to A Positive Start to Your Day with Melody and Jeremiah, because- other than that- 5 a.m. is pretty, well, groggy.)

I made my way to the WIBI studios in Carlinville, Illinois, getting there just before 7:30 in the morning.  I know, I know.  For a college student...  That's EARLY!  However, Angie (WIBI's Office Manager) and G.W. (WIBI's Promotions Director) greeted me with smiles and hugs when I walked in.  And on top of that, they offered me coffee and breakfast food!  I already liked this place!!

 I'd made it!

Sitting down in G.W.'s office to wait for my time on air with Melody and Jeremiah, Angie brought me in a little gift.  You see, Angie and her daughter, Faith, had heard that I was a self-proclaimed princess, and that I had a huge love of hair accessories.  So, what did they do?  They made me the CUTEST bow for my hair!  How thoughtful!

With Angie, WIBI's Office Manager and co-creator of my awesome bow!


Wearing the bow that Angie and Faith made me!

After gushing about my new bow to Angie and G.W., it was time for my on air time with Melody and Jeremiah.  We had a blast just talking and laughing about everything in my life from my driving my dad's "short bus" to my puppy, Truman, to my pink tutu skirt!  It was so much fun being able to be apart of a show that I listen to every morning!  I was getting texts and Facebook messages from friends and family telling me that they were hearing me on the air.  It was really exciting!  If you missed my time on air, you can hear our conversation via Melody's blog by clicking HERE!

With Miss Melody from A Positive Start to Your Day with Melody and Jeremiah!

After my super fun time with Melody and Jeremiah, I was able to spend some time hanging out around the studios with G.W.'s assistant, Craig.  Craig and I had fun discussing upcoming events and the confusion of being in our twenties!  :)

I was also fortunate enough to be at WIBI on a Wednesday, so I had the opportunity to attend a chapel service on Lake Williamson's campus.  It was great!

After chapel, G.W., Craig, Melody and I went to Magnolia's in Carlinville!  If you haven't been to Magnolia's, I suggest you drop whatever you're doing and head there IMMEDIATELY!  Everyone at the station had recommended the Lobster Bisque soup, and I discovered it was for good reason.  It was fantastic :)  The four of us had a great time sharing stories (and, of course, laughing), and soon it was time to head back to the station!

 With G.W. before my time with Joe and Julianne!

During the afternoon, I was able to spend time on air with Joe and Julianne from The Afternoon Jam with Joe and Julianne!  We, again, had a wonderful time talking and laughing.  They asked me a ton of really fun questions, and I was so excited to be able to open up about my own ministry and the calling God has put on my heart.  

Pulling away from the studios, I felt such a peace.  It's awesome to know that God has you EXACTLY where He wants you.  The ministry of WIBI is far-reaching.  And the staff and volunteers truly have a heart for God.  What an amazing opportunity we've been given!  I am so thankful to have this amazing Opening Act opportunity!

In case you haven't heard, my demo has been posted online!  If you visit: www.wibi.org/contestants, you can scroll down to my picture, and click "Listen Now!".  My song will play.  I literally cried the first time I heard it on the air.  What an amazing feeling!

In His Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment