Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Year 2011

Okay, so raise your hand if you hate Valentines Day?  Yep, for the last 25 years of good old St. Valentine, my hand has been so far up in the air, you'd think it would never come down.

However, this year was different...  Not only did I have a wonderful, Godly man to celebrate the day with (especially since it's his BIRTHDAY!), but God's been teaching me about love- REAL LOVE.  What love actually means.  We've all heard that it's not a feeling.  It's not the butterflies in your stomach or the first date jitters.  It's not the hugs or the hand-holding.  It's the action.

My devotion yesterday started with the following verse:
"[Let your] love be sincere-a real thing" (Romans 12:9, AMP) 

 That's what I want.  The real thing.  At times, it's hard, but it's so worth it.  So, I'm thanking my amazing God that this year, I'm determined to have a "Valentines Year", instead of just one day.  I want those around me to know that I'm thinking of them.  And that I care about them.

I hope you'll do the same.  We only get one chance at this.  Let's LOVE :)

In HIS Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment