Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Real Me.

I started this blog so that you could get to know the real Lexie.  The one behind the smiles and the stage.  With that being said...  This might be a tough one to post.

I'm scared.  Yep, and I don't think I'm the only one.  It's really hard when we've made plans, especially with someone, and those plans just completely fall through.  They shatter, and we're left picking up the pieces.  We're left to wonder what went wrong.

I just experienced (yet another) break-up [told you- you're getting the real Lexie here].  A marriage was in the making, and- just like that- he decided he had doubts.  After two heart-breaking weeks, I sit here without my best friend.  And nothing I could say or do would change his decision.  Am I crying?  No.  I'm trying to be stronger.  I'm letting my Jesus hold me together.  It's really hard though.

When someone ends a relationship because they're scared of the calling that God has placed on your life, there's only one thing you can do.  Pray and press on with God's plan.

Satan likes to prey on our insecurities.  There are days where I've wondered if God has someone for me, who will love me as I am- flaws and all, because the devil fills my head with those doubts.  But, I'm trusting and hoping and praying...  

Today, I'm going to have a tough day.  And I'll probably have tough days for a while.  But...  I do know this: I'm going to keep trusting my God, and I'm going to keep singing for Him.  In the meantime, will you pray for me and for all of those who feel hurt, confused or broken right now?

In HIS Love,
Lex <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lexi. I'm so sorry. I know it can be incredibly tough when we are convicted we are on the right path but we still can't see our hands in front of our faces for what's coming up next on said path. This is a quote from my cousin who is one of the most grounded and godly person I know. I thought it was appropriate. ((((hugs)))))

    When your nights are filled with loneliness and your days are dark with discouragement, when you can't seem to read or pray or do anything else, just sit still and let God love you.

    ReplyDelete