Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Dream Coming True...

Okay, so it's always been my dream to record.  And tonight, in O'Fallon, Missouri, I'm doing just that.

As semi-finalists, we are able to record demos that will be played on WIBI starting on March 7th.  We've had our songs for a couple of weeks.  The song that I'm recording is one I was not familiar with before the competition.  But, I liked the vocalist's voice quality, and I knew I could do something with that.  I spent last night working with a friend of mine to make the song "mine". 

Let me in on a little secret: I get nervous about some things.  Generally not about singing, but occasionally I do when it comes to things like this.  I think it's partly the uncertainty and newness of the situation.  But...  it's also because I beat myself up inside my own head sometimes.

How many of you have done that?  Mentally beaten yourself up, I mean.  I used to do it all the time when I was competing in the Miss America Organization.

Well, that's not what God calls us to do.  Nope.  He says we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  He thinks we're amazing.  And super talented.  How am I so sure of that?  Well, He's the one who made us and put the talents and gifts we have inside of us, so...  

You know what I mean?

I hope you'll pray for this evening.  Our job as artists is to be a vessel from which to let God's light shine.  I want listeners to hear this song of worship and feel God's presence.

In HIS Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment