Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ready... Set... RECORD!!!

So, last night, I was given the opportunity to record my demo for WIBI's Opening Act competition at The Stage (part of Mozingo Music) in O'Fallon, Missouri.

Have you ever had a moment in your life when you knew you were in EXACTLY the right place at EXACTLY the right time?  I literally get that every time I'm able to sing.  And last night was no exception...  Here's how it went down:

I left directly after work to head to Morrisonville (my hometown and where my parents live and teach currently).  From there, my mom, Della, and I started our journey to the St. Louis area. 

We encountered a lot of rush hour traffic, but we spent our time talking, laughing and praying about God's will.  Upon arriving at our destination, we decided we needed to get a little food in our stomachs.  That being said, I wasn't even sure I could eat!  My stomach was full of butterflies.  I was so excited to record!

I manage to sqeak by with a little salad and spaghetti from a nearby Italian restaurant, where the waitress was super helpful in making sure we got in and out quickly enough to get to the studio!  Mom and I went over the notes and ideas for the song that I'd written down the night before.  I was lucky enough to spend some time with my good friends, Morgan and Damien, who helped me make the song "mine".  They're amazing, and I'm so appreciative of them!

Walking into Mozingo Music, my stomach was flip-flopping.  This is what I've dreamed of doing for so long!  And not only did I get to record, but knew while singing that it was going to be played on WIBI starting in March!

 With WIBI Promotions Director, G.W. before recording!

I spent an hour in the studio, recording and re-recording.  We did different pieces of the song, and I played with each line and the melody to see how I liked it best.  Jeff, Mark and the guys were so helpful and encouraging every step of the way.  WIBI has hooked us up with some of the most talented and supportive people during this process, and I'm so thankful.  It makes everything such a great experience!

With Mark Roach and G.W. talking about the recording process and how excited I was to be there!

I think one of the coolest parts of the experience was getting to meet a few of the other contestants!  I was able to see Tabitha again, as she recorded directly before me.  And meeting Crystal when I was finished recording was a blast!  We were instant friends, and we share a love of hair accessories!  Can you say 'soul sister'?  As I was walking back to the car with my mom, chatting about the recording process, I saw Marc in HIS car, and I was able to meet him too!  I was so excited to finally be able to meet the amazingly talented people I'll be working with!

 With my new friend and fellow Semi-Finalist, Crystal!  We love accessories :)

So...  I think I could record every day for the rest of my life and be completely happy.  It was an amazing and fun process.  And I really can't wait for you all to hear the finished product!  They'll start playing our demos on WIBI (check out www.wibi.org for more information) on March 7th, so be sure to listen in on your frequency or online!

And don't forget to tune in on March 9th!  I'll be in the WIBI studios all day.  I'm so excited!

Awesome!

In HIS Love,
Lex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment